Steak on the Stove


Sometimes the supermarket near our flat sells Australian steaks for half price. Although it's my usual practice not to cook meat at home, we're also not eating out much now due to the continuing pandemic and limited dine-in hours.

So, I decided to try making a pan-fried steak when I found one on sale, which also came with garlic and herb butter for seasoning. Although the comments on this Martha Stewart recipe were very mixed, it mostly worked well for me.

Some people mentioned that the steak burned, so I lifted it up to check when cooking the first side. It did get a little charred but not too bad. For my preference, I should've cooked it one minute less, but David likes meat a little more done so it was fine for him.

All in all, I think my first-ever attempt at cooking steak was fairly successful. I may just have to try it again sometime, though I hope I'll remember to light some candles beforehand so the whole flat doesn't smell afterwards!

Comments

Popular Posts