My First Focaccia


Although many people have been making sourdough bread during the pandemic, I've mostly stuck to baking desserts or roasting vegetables. However, when I read this Smitten Kitchen focaccia recipe, I thought I could manage to try a simpler kind of bread.

I know that I've made some kind of yeast bread or rolls in the past, but it was a very long time ago. I tend to avoid these kinds of recipes, as the process of mixing and kneading and waiting for dough to rise is rather troublesome.

Luckily, you can make focaccia bread without too much fuss. Just mix the ingredients, leave the dough to rise and then let out the air. It really was fairly simple and straightforward.

This time I used the focaccia bread for buffalo tofu sandwiches with carrot and sweet pickle slaw (not a bad way to use up some sweet pickles that we got from Ikea). I plan to make the bread again, perhaps with tomatoes or onions sprinkled on top and maybe served with summery salads and dips.

Comments

Popular Posts