Marinated lentils with vegetables

A bowl of brown lentils, cooked cherry tomato halves and stir-fried choi sum

In the past year or so, I've made a version of mujadara (rice and lentils) a couple of times, and it was pretty good though sometimes not as flavorful as I hoped. To use up some green lentils I had leftover, I decided to try marinated lentils instead.

Unfortunately, I forgot to buy parsley or other fresh herbs before making this dish. However, I did add chopped green onions I got at the wet market. By adding oil and seasonings to the lentils after cooking, they were more flavorful even when reheated.

Instead of serving the lentils with feta and broccolini as called for, I chose some veggies more readily available here, including roasted cherry tomatoes and stir-fried choi sum. Served over bulgur wheat, this was a really delicious and nutritious meal, which I will definitely make again.

Comments

Popular Posts