Slow cooker peanut stew

A bowl of vegetarian peanut stew

This fall I bought a slow cooker as a belated birthday present from David's parents (and a replacement appliance after our rice cooker broke). The first recipe I tried in it to make sure it worked properly was a vegetarian peanut stew.

In some ways, this recipe was quite similar to the African stew I used to make but that David doesn't really like. He was much fonder of this version, perhaps because it is more peanutty rather than tomatoey. I did get a bit carried away when adding the peanut butter near the end, so next time I will add a bit less.

Otherwise, it was a tasty and fairly healthy stew that worked well in the slow cooker. Of course, if I'd made it on the stove the onions would've browned a bit, but then there would be more dishes to wash afterwards!

Comments

Popular Posts