Ottolenghi's creamy curry cheesy beans

 Curry beans on a jacket potato with pickled onion and celery leaves

I've often seen the celebrity chef Ottolenghi mentioned in cooking articles and recipes from other sources. However, I've never known much about him or tried one of his own recipes until recently. When I saw Ottolenghi's recipe for a grown-up version of beans on toast in The Guardian, I knew I had to try it.

A few variations that I made: Instead of putting the green chili in the quick onion pickle, I fried it with the garlic and ginger for the curry base. I also added some diced celery for a bit of veg. I just used a bit of red Leicester cheese, as that was what we had on hand.

To serve, I decided to make jacket potatoes with curry beans, which seemed a bit more substantial than beans on toast. With the green chili, the beans were quite spicy but very delicious. However, next time I'm not sure if I'll bother with the pickled onions on the side, as they were also quite strong tasting.

Comments

Popular Posts