Hello from Hong Kong

Hello dear readers. Of course, there aren't that many of you anyway, but I am glad to be followed by a few nevertheless. First off, let me apologize for my 1+ year of absence from this blog. I moved to Hong Kong in August 2010, and then spent a year living in an apartment with one, yes just one, gas burner to cook on in a kitchen of about 9 square feet. My roommate and I had an electric tea kettle, too, and then eventually I bought an over-sized toaster oven. This minimal kitchen space did not lend itself to gourmet cooking in the least, though I managed to do quite well actually.

Now, I have moved to a slightly bigger abode, with a kitchen that has two gas burners, a microwave and an almost full-sized refrigerator! We have a freezer section in the fridge now, too, as well as more cabinet space for food storage. I am also more accustomed the food prices in Hong Kong, which means I am not buying only cheap things all the time. (It took forever for me to buy cheese last year, because the cheapest you can get it, except for processed cheese slices, is $4 US for less than 8 oz.) So, I am promising to actually write blogs about food again, perhaps not only about the food I make but also the food I eat here in Hong Kong. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts