Tasty Tortellini

Last year, my friend and neighbor Becci introduced me to a wonderful phenomenon: reduced-price tortellini at the nearby Park 'n' Shop Superstore. Now, even though I don't live quite as close to that store, I still like to shop there when I have time because it has a better selection. And yesterday, my efforts were rewarded by not one, but two, packages of four-cheese tortellini! The original price per package is $60 HK, but I got two for a total of only $40. That's just over $5 US, and the pasta will be at least three dinners for me.

To accompany my tortellini, I made a variation of a Rachael Ray sauce that I tried a couple of years ago. Saute onions and garlic in a pan. Add grape tomatoes and cover until they begin to burst. Then add frozen peas and cook until tender. Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and a dash of balsamic vinaigrette. It was very tasty, and I am glad there are leftovers for dinner tonight!

Comments

Popular Posts