Pizza, Hong Kong style

Compared to most Asian cities, Hong Kong is very Westernized. It isn't hard to find most kinds of international food, though that doesn't mean it tastes exactly the same as at home. But actually, the pizza in Hong Kong can be pretty darn good -- it just depends on where you go.

Along with many other chains like McDonald's, Subway, etc., there is Pizza Hut in Hong Kong. Even at home Pizza Hut is not my favorite place to get pies, but it's not bad. I feel the same way here. The supreme pizza is tasty, but if you order vegetarian pizza it is a bit odd. In addition to the peppers, onions, olives, etc., there are also pieces of sweet corn and pineapple tidbits. The corn I can deal with, but I am strictly an anti-pineapple on pizza kind of girl. (Sometimes pizza comes with Thousand Island salad dressing instead of marinara sauce as well, and this is truly horrific).

Another option for pizza here is Pizza Box, which is basically a Pizza Hut knockoff. Thus, it is cheaper as well, and actually a pretty good deal. A large pizza for takeout is about half the price as at Pizza Hut I believe, and it is almost as good, if not practically the same.

My favorite place to eat pizza, though, is a place called Paisano's, either in Central or Wan Chai. They sell pizza by the slice, New York style, and it is delicious. A huge slice of cheesy, pepperoni goodness can be had for about $4 US. Paisano's also has a full menu of sandwiches and pastas, but I can never order anything but pizza!

Comments

  1. You make me want pizza and you m make me want to visit hong kong simultaneously!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts