Back to Baking



For at least the past month, probably two actually, I have been saying that I would bake something in my little toaster oven. I do have much more kitchen space than in my previous apartment, so it seemed like the thing to do, especially because I normally love baking. But then I kept putting it off, I think because I've gotten out of the habit.

Anyway, I finally got around to making a tasty baked good today. Hooray! I settled on chocolate zucchini bread, because I had an extra zucchini (or courgette as they say in British English). The chocolate is just to make it a little more dessert-like, and because I am somewhat of a chocoholic.

I've never made zucchini bread before except in a slow cooker, so I needed to find a recipe. I found this recipe after a Google search, and followed it pretty closely, but made half the amount and also added some English walnuts. I did also reference this one somewhat. Actually, I used the amount of cocoa powder called for in the second recipe, because it was larger and you can never really have too much chocolate.

My only baking pan at the moment is a glass pie pan, so I only baked the bread for about 35 minutes, which was plenty. This also makes it look a bit more like cake or brownies instead of bread, but it still tastes delicious! Not to brag or anything. It was pretty easy, too, so I think I will be doing more baking in the near future. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts