A Private Kitchen Feast

Private kitchens are a popular alternative to regular restaurants in Hong Kong. They come in all shapes, sizes, cuisines and price ranges, but I haven't tried very many. However in July, I went to I Love Istanbul in Mong Kok for a friend's farewell dinner.

I wasn't involved in organizing the dinner, but apparently it was quite flexible. When making the reservation, the chef was told the number of guests, our budget ($150 per person) and dietary preferences and then planned the menu accordingly.

In the end, we had tons of food, which was all delicious. Besides the dishes pictured, we also had chicken and beef satay skewers, lamb chops, chicken in yogurt sauce and at least one more beef dish (I think I remembered everything). It was all very tasty, too!

Salad with sesame dressing

Roasted potatoes and eggplant

Roasted chicken stuffed with rice

Roasted peppers stuffed with rice

Watermelon with coconut ice cream and baklava

Comments

Popular Posts