A Working 5-Course Feast

I went to Australia for work, to attend the Asia-Pacific Vitreo-retina Society's annual Congress (meeting). One night was devoted to the invitation-only President's Dinner, held at the Ivy Ballroom. There was a five-course tasting meal plus white and red wine.

All of the food was delicious, though I was somewhat unsure about eating quail and the cheese was a little too moldy tasting for my liking. I was certainly stuffed by the end, but of course I ate all the dessert anyway!

Queensland spanner crab salad with celery heart, avocado, lime and radish

Quail ballotine with oyster mushrooms, quandong and brioche

Beef tenderloin, Jerusalem artichoke gratin and warrigal greens

Limestone Coast cheddar, pain d'epices, hazelnut and baby cress

Warm chocolate fondant, wattle seed ice cream sandwich

Comments

Popular Posts