English Christmas Treats


One of the things I absolutely wanted to do during Christmas in England was have high tea. Of course I've had it many times in Hong Kong, but it is English after all. So, David's parents took us to Lumley Castle near Durham.

They serve afternoon tea in the library, though we were seated in the anteroom, which didn't have any books. Although it was a few days after Christmas, there were still festive decorations, and the tea set included mince pies, fruitcake bites and chocolate cake with festive green icing. However, my favorite was still the scones. Yum!


We took another day trip around Northumberland to see some castles, villages and coastline. Our last stop was Alnwick Castle, where Harry Potter was filmed! It was closed, but we went to the gardens and the Treehouse Restaurant for hot chocolate.


I also made sure to visit Millie's Cookies when we went to the shopping center in Newcastle. Last time, I just got a plain cookie, but this time I went all out with a double iced cookie slice. There were TWO cookie layers with chocolate icing in between plus the snowman icing on top!

Comments

Popular Posts