Split Pea Soup


When I lived in Marshall, I made a lot of soup. It was an easy and healthy meal for one person to eat all week long. Now in Hong Kong, I don't make it as often, partly because I have to share the fridge with roommates and because the weather is not very cold.

Another good thing about soup is that it can easily be meat-free. Split peas are great because, unlike beans, they do not have to be pre-soaked and can be cooked after a quick rinse. And even though I bought mine from the expensive City Super grocery store, they were reasonably priced.

Recently, I used split peas to make soup to take for my lunch at work. In addition to split peas, I put potatoes, carrots and onion in the soup, which I seasoned with salt, pepper and a bit of dill. It was very yummy accompanied by cheesy bread from the local bakery.

Comments

Popular Posts